That pretty much sums up my 2018. You may have noticed, I’ve been scarce (again). Well, you can thank 2018 for that this time. Let’s recap.
- Went to Baltimore and essentially completed my Masters thesis
- Started bullet journalling
- Surprised my mom on Mother’s Day
- Kidlet moved in with us
- Awesome visit with friends
- 10 year anniversary with the hubs
- Had an awesome visit with the whole family
- New Bean on the way (October)
- Interviewed my nonprofit role model
- Led my nonprofit to their most successful event ever
- Elected as President of a start-up nonprofit
- Finished several knitting projects
- 5 year anniversary of grandma’s death
- Got fired
- Super, super sick
- Have you seen the state of politics lately?
- My mom died.
So, yes, Holy Shit is about all you need to know and you instantly understand my 2018. I’d say I broke even.
There is one silver lining to this whole nightmare: I’ve learned that I am made of freaking diamonds. I had no idea what I could handle until this year decided I needed to handle everything, pretty much all at the same time. That whole mom dying, super sick, event managing and getting fired thing happened in the same month, the last three in the same week. And, yes, I struggled, but I’m still standing nonetheless.
I’d be a fool to say I did it on my own. Hardly. I have the most amazing friends and family that anyone could ever hope to have as a support system. I will be forever grateful to those who held me up when I fell before the finish line. I couldn’t ask for a better crew.
Finally, a note on 2019. I’m not challenging you at all. I really just want to be friends. If you could cut me some slack next year, that would be the most amazing gift ever.