Rather than make resolutions for 2012 (I never keep them anyway), I decided to make a bucket list (morbid I guess). Several people who were very dear to me passed away in 2011 and it got me to thinking about my own future and what I wanted to do with my life. So I started my bucket list the other day. It’s a little lofty (I doubt I will accomplish some of the goals) but it will be fun documenting my adventures. It may also help me actually keep up with a blog long-term.
So here we go with Kait’s Bucket List (in no particular order):
- Watch sea turtles laying eggs on the beaches of Florida
Use my photography as a means to help animals in need
- See the Swiss Alps
- Live in another country (even temporarily)
- Get married and avoid being a total bridezilla
- Raise children that are happy and well-adjusted
- Write for fun and profit
- Read 100 books in one year
- Work for a company that is working to make a difference
Be happy with who I am
- See the Northern Lights
- Hold a raptor
Graduate with at least one degree
- Visit the Azores
- Visit the Galapagos Islands
- Swim with a manatee (or maybe just see one)
- Learn to drive stick shift
- Learn to shoot a handgun
This is the list so far. More will probably be added to it in the future. I will also link to the posts as I cross things off. It’s a big goal, but I’m hoping for a long and fulfilling life.
Do you have a bucket list? What’s on it?